With Spa re-opening, some clients or therapists will have legitimate questions regarding safety.
With this in mind, we created 2 massage oils blended with essential oils selected on the base of coronavirus (H1N1) research from Canada (see references below).
Trans-dermal absorption of essential oil vary from 1- 5% depending on the carrier, oil, lotion or gel (with the lowest value for oil).
However during massage, both clients and therapist are actively exposed to massage oil essential vapors and research (Tisserand). shows that inhalation is beside oral, the most effective way with absorption around 50% (variation from 30-70% depending on distance etc…).
On top of your Post-Covid Spa protocols, we believe that Aromatherapy massage oils with carefully selected essential oils, will provide additional safety and peace of mind to your Customers and Therapists alike.
– Alodia Mind & Body & massage oil
Rice bran oil, Sunflower oil, Lavender oil, Bergamot oil, Geranium oil, Elemi oil.
– Alodia Spirit & Body massage oil
Rice bran oil, Sunflower oil, Lemongrass oil, Pine oil, Tea Tree oil, Citronella oil, Eucalyptus oil.
– American Journal of Essential oils and Natural Products
– Anti-influenza virus activity of essential oils and vapors
– Selvarani Vimalanathan
– James Hudson
– Department of Pathology and Laboratory medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver