Favorites ingredients Part 1

Our favorite ingredients (Part One)

Rice bran oil
Rice bran oil

Rice bran oil

Rice bran oildefinitely my favorite oil. With a very balanced Essential fatty acids content and a light, non greasy texture it is a  very versatile oil.
We use it in massage oils, creams, balms, hair treatment and bath oils combined with oils selected for their specific properties, like Jojoba, Evening Primrose, Grapefruit or Tamanu.
Olive squalane
The lipid composition of squalane is great for fighting skin damage, softening, healing and assorted anti-aging applications. It’s thin, extremely smooth, and absorbs into the skin quickly and easily.  We use is day cream.

 

Shea butter or Karite butter  is a valuable skin conditioning ingredient
Shea butter or Karite butter is a valuable skin conditioning ingredient

Shea butter
Shea Butter is an emollient that mimics the lipid content of the skin.  It is a very effective moisturizer , It is  an important source of  Vitamin A and Vitamin E  Shea Butter penetrates deep into skin to help restore elasticity and is also effective in hair products.

We use it in balms and sugar scrubs and rich body lotions.

 

Chamomile tea
Chamomile tea

Chamomile tea
Chamomile tea
We use it is after sun repairing creams and facial creams for its repairing abilities.
It is also a wonderful herbal tea to sip between productions, said to have relaxing properties and entice sleep.

 

Aloe vera extract
Although, Aloe vera contains 99% of water the remaining 1% speaks for itself containing Vitamins, Minerals, Sugars, Enzymes, Lignins, Amino Acids, Anthraquinones, Saponins, Fatty Acids and  Salicylic Acid among others. Traditionally Aloe vera is used for its skin healing  properties, particularly effective on sunburns and minor burns.
We use aloe vera synergetically with peppermint and lavender essential oils in aftersun gel and cream.

 

Epsom salt
Epsom salt

Epsom salt
Magnesium suphate best known as Epsom salt is known since ancient times and widely used for its detoxifying properties. It can be used in a variety of products including scrubs and bath.
We use it in Body salt scrub and Foot scrub balm combined with dry herbs, virgin oil and essential oils.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *